Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Week 1 : The Greeting Farm HeArt Journal- Wings

Hello Everyone! I know it has been quiet a while since I've posted anything but all my crafting projects took a back seat to work and school for a few weeks. I'm still working on some cards and looking forward to entering some more challenges. Today, I wanted to share the art journal page that I submitted to the Art Journal project I am participating in at The Greeting Farm. I am really enjoying this as it allows me to experiment with a variety of mediums without the fear of messing up. "There are no mistakes in Art." This page is from week one. It was to be based on the theme of "Wings." I chose to use butterflies as they are my favorite.

To start, I gessoed the journal pages then stamped some designs using Tim Holtz and Paperbag Studio Journaling Stamps and Grunge Stamps. I stamped them using Archival Black Ink. I then used soft pastels to create the background. I used oil pastels to turn the stamped circles into flowers and outlined them using a charcoal pencil and acrylic paint in pearl white. The butterflies are actually some old rub on stickers I had stored in a box. I wrote the quote using a black sharpie calligraphy pen and sealed the pages using simple hairspray. Hope you enjoy this and I look forward to posting more art journal pages and cards soon! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment